Monday, September 14, 2009

Fela! is coming to Broadway!


Sahr Ngaujah and Saycon Sengbloh from the Cast of Fela! (photo by Joshua Plant)

Hello family,

Its been quite a year! I remember when I started this blog and I had performed in Central Park at the Delacort in Hair over the summer and at the same time as Fela! was off Broadway at 37 Arts. I saw the show and enjoyed my friend Sahr Ngaujah starring in this touching and jam packed musical portrayal of Fela Anikulapo Kuti's rich life! I laughed, I cried, took pics and wrote a blog about it! Now here I am proud to announce I'll be appearing in Fela too! After many auditions and a summer of double duty with Fela! rehearsals in the daytime and Hair at night. We are getting it ready for the Eugene O'neil stage. This production stars Sahr Ngaujah, Kevin Mambo, myself, Saycon, and the fabulous Lilias White. Along with a talented ensemble of dancers and Antibalas, the Afrobeat orchestra of NYC! We are directed by the incredible Bill T. Jones. I'm so excited about this time and I'm thrilled to announce on Saycontalks that Fela! is finally coming to Broadway and I'm gonna be a part of it!!!

Hope to see you there!!!

Saycon

No comments:

Post a Comment