Monday, December 12, 2011

Irie Girl: Saycon Sengbloh & Katori Hall's Newest Play


This week has been a ton of fun with alot of hard work. I am missing my family dearly during this holiday season so I'm sending love to Georgia and New Jersey!Thanks to Marty Gould Cummings and Anthony Hollock I had so much fun raising money for the Ali Forney Center and had a ball singing with new band members, on the same bill with Nicholas Ryan Gant, Jahi Kearse, and Roderick Covington thanks to the help of Charles Browning the show at Nectar was a success. Special thanks to Dahgrib! An announcement has also gone out regarding my participation in Katori Hall's new play, "Hurt Village" premiering in New York in February! I'm looking forward to doing a new and challenging role and excited to work with Miss. Patricia McGregor and I can't believe the show currently boasts 3 former students of Freddie Hendricks, Tri-Citie Highschool and YEA, myself along with Godspell's Joaquina Kalukango and Amari Cheatom along with the awesome Tony Award winning Tonya Pinkins whom I just saw in Milk Like Sugar! This show touches on some serious topics including the treatment of U.S. army vets post war and the effects of regentrification on a southern project apartment complex and its raucous residents. It's definitely a character that people have not seen me do. Along with that I'm thrilled to announce the Irie Girl: Saycon 2012 Calendar is now available on http://Cafepress.com/saycon with photos by Asantewaa Ricks and photo editing by Anthony Stewart, set up through Cafepress. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqdsXJjq0cc We had so much fun shooting the calendar along with promo videos! Check them out.  My hope is that this is another opportunity for followers of the music and shows can enjoy, fun to create and inspiring. I ask that friends and family please share a store link among your friends and cohorts to help support independent artists. The Saycon Online Boutique features an Everday Warrior journal and also other calendars and t-shirts that are great for making 2012 the best it can be! My prayer is that it will be amazing for you and your family! Shine in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment