Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saycon and Nneka in New York City

Nneka in New York! the Nigerian & German songbird is here in the U.S. to promote her new album. I saw her across the room in a Whole foods store while have a tea with my friend Maia (aka Soulluvlai)  often at a loss for words I couldn't remember her name for the life of me but of course who can forget that face! A classic beauty without a shred of makeup. Boldly, and nosily, I approached her to ask if she was a Nigerian singer she said yes though I'm pretty sure she and her friend thought I was full of sh*t, LOL anyway we began to chat. I told her about my visit to Nigeria last spring.  Nneka said she was in town to promote her new album and I was happy to tell her we shared a publicist when we were in Nigeria, Miss Bobby Taylor who did some amazing work during our time there. Nneka was kind and I was random, anyway, well done Nneka let's do a duet one day :-) let's unite for Liberia and Nigeria ya digg?. Check out this video of Nneka making of her new album.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pVKyP56PXLY

PS.-Shoutout to my Nigerian brothers and sisters struggling to pay for gasoline with oil prices surging. peace,
Saycon

1 comment: